Muscle Testing Tips
Muscle testing or energy testing can be very frustrating when first
being learned. Don't give up! These muscle testing tips will help. It
is well worth the effort when it finally comes so take a deep breath and
relax and keep practicing.
Self Muscle-Testing Tips
- Practice testing using questions with very definite "yes" or "no"
answers that you already know the answer to. It may seem like that is
cheating and not going to get you anywhere, but it is like training
wheels on a bike. It helps to train you as to what a strong or weak
answer feels like and what you can expect. Try using the following
words or statements.
Give me a "yes" - Give me a "no".
"Give me a strong" - "Give me a weak."
"Love" - "Hate"
"War" - "Peace"
- Be very clear in what your intention is before you test. Take a moment to think what it is specifically that you want to know.
- One mistake I realized that I was making and have seen others
make as well is the tendency to test before actually finishing the
question or statement. It is important to slow down and be very
Finish your statement or question and then test.
- It may be that you just need to try a different way of muscle testing. See if another method works better for you.
- Make sure that you are well hydrated. Also, it can be
difficult to muscle test accurately when you are tired or sick so keep
yourself rested and your energy built up.
- Test during the day rather than at night. I find that my answers sometimes become squirrelly if I am too tired at night.
- If you are quite emotionally attached to the answer it may be
hard for you to test. Get someone else to test for you or clear
yourself as much as possible through tapping or the Emotion Code.
- It is easy to become overly anxious in wanting to be able to
test so much that it creates stress. Testing is then very difficult.
If you feel tension over not being able to test then sit back and do a
few rounds of
Use a statement such as, "Even though I am struggling to muscle test
and I am very frustrated, I choose to be patient and calm." Use
whatever changes in wording fit what you are feeling and what you want
to have happen.
- If you feel like you are not making progress, you could use the Emotion Code asking the question, "Do I have a trapped emotion in my body causing me to struggle with muscle testing that I can release now?"
Muscle Testing Tips When Testing Others
- It can be helpful to say "hold" right before pressing so the person
knows when to expect you to press down and isn't taken by surprise.
- When you press down gradually increase the pressure until you
are sure of a weak or strong response. When testing yourself on the
other hand, if you are using the thumb in the hole technique, it is
better to use a fairly quick push outward to tell if you are going to
break through the fingers or hold strong.
- Tell the person being tested to "Resist a little more" or "Resist a little less" as needed until a good balance is achieved.
- Remember that sometimes a person is not testable. Have them
drink a glass of water. If still not testable, then wait until another
time or use someone else. Other reasons for not being testable are a neck out of alignment or a trapped emotion.
Return to Home
Return to top
Return to Main Muscle Testing Page
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any disease. The decision to use, or not to use, any of this information is the sole responsibility of the reader. Please consult with a licensed health care practitioner if you are dealing with a serious disease or illness.
Solo Build It!